Thursday, February 24, 2011

Published in Rocky Mountain Bride Magazine

Last spring I had the opportunity to shoot a spread for Rocky Mountain Bride Magazine. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work and really cool to see it all in print. I posted some other images that I liked that didn't make the spread as well.

It was a two day shoot, with two different themes. The first day the models were made up in a ton of makeup and crazy, over the top hair-do's. We took a snowcat up to Uley's cabin, because in May, there was still too much snow to drive up there. They did all bring their rubber boots, so they were prepared.

On the second day, we shot at a couple of really cute houses in town. The theme was that the models looked like dolls, so they did their hair and makeup as such and practiced a lot of stiff arms. These are the shots they used for the spread.

It was really interesting for me because this was the first time that it was my job to only execute a vision, not create one. I thought it was really cool, and I hope to have the opportunity to do it again sometime!





Right after I took the shot below, the model on the left leaned back, holding a small metal bar, which broke off and sent her tumbling. At least she was wearing boots and not heels, and she was ok!










No comments: